Wednesday 27 July 2011

An unusually sunny day in Great Harwood

These photos were taken in late May. I think after that day we had rain for more than a month!!
We haven't really seen a day as beautiful as this since.
This is the Church of Saint Hubert's on the way to my parent's house from my brother's.











The sky is a dazzling blue.

The houses you see are called terraced houses; very popular in the surrounding areas. They were built as homes for mill workers over 100 years ago. Great Harwood used to have several mills producing cotton goods.





Teraced houses are very well built and are popular with young families today.








Here is the beer garden of our local pub, The Plough.
I had no idea such a beautiful drinking place existed right around the corner from my home!

What a lovely afternoon we had enjoying drinks in the sun.






No comments: